CIS (Self-employed) Registration criteria
If you are unsure if CIS self-employment is the right route for you, below we’ve compiled a list of some of the questions we will discuss with you over the phone prior to your registration; to give you an idea of the considerations you will need to make and that we can advise on:
- Are you registered self-employed with HMRC?
- Do you complete a tax return?
- Do you have an accountant?
- Do you decide how to carry your work?
- Do you provide any of your own tools & equipment?
- Have you engaged helpers/used a substitute previously?
- Do you have your own insurance?
- Have you been employed in the last 2 years doing the same works?
- Do you consider you are responsible for your own management of your services?
The next step
If you have any questions about registering as self-employed under the CIS scheme with our company, or would just like to find out more about the options available to you, then please contact the team at Exchequer. We’d be happy to help.