Construction Industry Scheme (CIS)
What is CIS?
The Construction Industry Scheme requires contractors to be engaged on a self-employed basis.
As part of the scheme, contractors deduct money from a subcontractor’s payments and transfer it to HM Revenue and Customs.
How can Exchequer Solutions help?
Exchequer Solutions has robust processes in place to guarantee full compliance with HMRC guidelines. With our competitive margins and public liability insurance, we provide a comprehensive service for all contractors in the construction industry.
We will streamline all of the paperwork on your behalf. We also do not require you to agree to an annual contract, so you are free to use our services as and when you choose.
At the end of the tax year, you have a full record of your earnings to claim tax back on your business expenses.
For self-employed CIS sub-contractors, we guarantee to:
- Invoice clients for work completed each week
- Make the 20% CIS tax deduction, plus our margin
- Pay the balance into your bank account every Friday morning
- Ensure compliance at all times
- Work on competitive margins and offer public liability insurance
- Care about our sub-contractors and ensure they are paid accurately and on time.
Get in touch
If you’d like to find out more about how Exchequer could assist you with CIS self-employment, please get in touch with our team to get your questions answered.